Sunday, May 11, 2014

One More Year Until 30!

How is it that every year seems to go faster than the last? Twenty-eight is going to be pretty hard to beat! It was the year I married my best friend, started a new amazing job, traveled to so many fun places, and met some incredible people! 

I was having a bit of an internal struggle with turning 29 the past few weeks. For some reason that number just sounds so much older than 28; silly I know! 

Luckily I had some pretty fantastic birthday celebrations to ease me into the last year of my twenties!

Yesterday my friend Darcy and I took an early morning road trip to a flea market in Dalton, Wisconsin. Never heard of it?? Us either! We had never been to a flea market before, but honestly, I was just excited to spend time with Darc without our husbands! It was a fun morning and I even picked up this gem...


This summer I plan to revamp our entryway, and this will be the perfect pop of color. I plan to add a heart for my husband's hometown and a heart in Windsor, where we currently live.

Last night we met some friends out for dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in Madison, DLux. It's a swanky little burger joint with some creative drinks and the BEST fries! 


My birthday is always a super busy time of year with graduations, end of the school year events and Mother's day. I feel so blessed to have such amazing friends that took time out of their busy lives to join us for dinner, send video messages, phone calls, and cards. They sure know how to make me feel like the luckiest girl in the world! 

Every year I find myself setting new goals around my birthday. I made an entire list this year, but it all comes back to making the most of every day. This seems all too appropriate...


 I'll leave you with a few photos from the birthday celebrations! 

The Midwest Mr. and I before heading to our friend's gender reveal party on Saturday afternoon. 

Ready to head out on the town!

Darcy and I at my favorite bar, The Merchant. Do yourself a favor and order a Moscow Mule.

Katie and I. This girl makes me job infinitely more manageable on a daily basis. Loved meeting her cutie hubby!

Abby and I. She is a riot and also has a hunk of a boyfriend. Our boys enjoyed chatting all things golf over dinner 

Sunday Morning Bloodies! 

The perfect birthday afternoon! Iced chai, a magazine and The Happiness Project.

Here's to an amazing 28th year of life!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips